08 June, 2011

My Goodness, My Guinness!


Guys, it's hot. Seriously hot. 100 degrees hot. And it's going to stay that hot until the weekend, when we should be back into the upper 80's. Which will be nice.

And since it's so hot, I figured, what better time to talk about ice cream? Specifically, the Guinness ice cream I made over the weekend for my dad's birthday.

And since we're talking about the Guinness ice cream, might as well talk about the Guinness cupcakes, too.


But it's hot. Too hot to talk. So it's like this:
Last Saturday night, I put on The Kinks really loud, opened a can of Guinness, used some to make ice cream, some to make cupcakes, and drank the rest.
All in all, a good night.




I improvised a toffee frosting by chopping up a few Heath bars.
This was a very good idea.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go see if I can round up a bit of that ice cream and drag it to my spot under the ceiling fan.
xo

6 comments:

Unknown said...

YUM!u

red.neck chic said...

I hear you... it's toooooo hot here.

And now I want some ice cream. That looks so good!

;-D robelyn

Erin Lian said...

You can tell you are too hot by how you are writing :P Guinness icecream is genius considering it cuts down on hot day activities by having a beer and icecream at once ;)
<3

Chef in Training said...

wow! this looks yummy! I found your blog through a link party and love it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Sweet Pea (formerly Alice) said...

That's the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Linking it this week!

Just a Silhouette

Thuya said...

Hmmm yummy!