04 March, 2011

Feeling Stitchy

Every so often, I make a promise to my needle and thread that we'll spend some time getting better acquainted. But, me, the needle, and the thread, we're a fair weather bunch of friends. They rally against me and knot up, and I bail. But we keep trying. The most recent try came over the past couple of nights. I figured if I was just going to be sitting there, giving my brain a workout while watching Jeopardy, I might as well give my hands something to do, too.
I already had all of the ingredients: the aforementioned needle and thread, some pretty old fabric, and a stash of embroidery hoops scooped up at a thrift store in the hopes of filling them with something pretty one day.

I like what we did, me, the needle, and the thread. Perhaps I'll work a little harder on keeping that promise of us becoming better acquainted this time. Because sometimes, just sometimes, all the threads line up and pretty things happen. Wishing you successful attempts, my dear readers.
xo

3 comments:

Kelly Irene said...

These beauties make me want to be better friends with my needle and thread as well. So far we are much more like enemies though--unless the needle and thread are attached to my sewing machine; she's a wonderful mediator.

Fashion Gossip said...

This looks beautiful!!
Xoxo, K.

Heather said...

Oh, thank you both so much! I'm hoping to still be friends with the trusty needle and threads this week....I've got a few big ideas!