10 November, 2010

Who Are You (I Really Wanna Know) pt.1

It's occurred to me, dear readers, that perhaps, seeing as how I've invited you along on this journey of mine, that I should take a moment to allow you to get to know me. I've already told you about Bee, and how we wound up here, but I haven't told you about me. And I'm a bit hesitant to do so. It's not that I don't want us to know each other, dear readers, it's just that I'm a bit private. I mean, a girl's gotta have her secrets, right? Keep a bit of mystery about her? I like you, though. So I've decided to let you have a bit of a peek into my world.

Now, in addition to being private, I'm also a bit shy, and not the best at getting conversations started. Oh, I'm good in a conversation that's already taken flight, but not so ace at starting them. So I've decided to invite along a friend today to help get this ball rolling. Dear readers, allow me to introduce Mr. James Lipton, who will be introducing me by way of his famous questionnaire, borrowed from Bernard Pivot.
(Inside The Actor's Studio)


Good morning, James Lipton! And thank you so much for stopping by to help me today. Let's get started, shall we?

James Lipton: What is your favorite word?
Bee: Good question, James. I'd say it's probably facetious. My humor tends to run dry, and I like to point out the obvious by utilizing a bit of facetiousness.
J.L.: What is your least favorite word?
Bee: It's "siren." I hate that word. And I can't pronounce it, so I won't. I say that an emergency vehicle went by blaring it's "WOO! WOO!" I'm also not overly fond of the word "moist."
J.L.: What turns you on?
Bee: I'm going to assume we're talking creatively here, James. In which case, color and good design. And old things. I go absolutely ape in front of a wall of paint chips, or when turned loose in a really good flea market or antique mall. I tune out everything else around me, and my mind starts racing with possibility. It's a rush that's all at once euphoric and overwhelming. It's the best.
And just in case you weren't talking creatively, tall men with a wicked sense of humor ;)
J.L.: What turns youu off?
Bee: Ignorance, close-mindedness, an unwillingness to learn from or accept differences.
J.L.: What sound or noise do you love?
Bee: The quiet that comes with stillness. There's always sound in that quiet, whether it's the ocean; the chatter of birds and critters; the sounds of the house in the dead of night, settling into itself after all of the years of sheltering life and families; or even the sound of traffic and people passing by the windows. They are the sounds of peace and contentment, and I love that.

At this point, James Lipton and I decide to take a break. There are beds to make and laundry to wash, and pretty things waiting to be made. Please come back tomorrow, dear readers, and I will bring you part two of our delightful conversation.
xo

No comments: