09 November, 2010

Knowing Me, Knowing You

Hello, dear readers! I thought today it might be nice to introduce Bee to you, since I'm hoping we're going to be spending lots of time together!


(Bee Vintage Redux)

I'm Heather, and I make things. Lovely things. At least, I think they're lovely. (Judge for yourselves!). I was one of two Heather B.'s in my kindergarten class, the second alphabetically. Heather 1 got to be just Heather, and I was Heather B. I liked that, it was special. I insisted on being called Heather B. all the time. Eventually, my parents started calling me Bee, and it's always stuck.

(business cards then, business cards now)
I've been making things since I was a small girl, and putting tags and business cards with the things I made, all with some sort of bee themed name. Hence, I named my little shop Bee Vintage Redux, because I take vintage and "redux" it, and I am Bee. (Confession- I'm not overly fond of the Vintage Redux part of the name, but it is what it is, and what it is it shall stay.)


The name Oh, Bee came from my sweet assistant, my dear baby nephew, The Boy. We have a book that we read together a lot. I mean, a LOT. We read it so much that we both have it memorized. It can be read to the tune of "Jingle Bells", which it quite frequently is. When we come to the OOOH! part that would come before the "jingle bells" part,  we make a very big deal of it. Sometimes he just sings me the OOOH! part, and I substitute in a myriad of odd words. One day, one of the words was bee. And here we are.

There is so much more to tell you about this girl called Bee. Tomorrow, dear readers. I'll give you a peek into my world then. Perhaps I'll bring a friend along...
xo

No comments: