23 November, 2010

Something Baked, Something New

It's a week for trying new things, apparently. Not the least of which is that I'm making my first pies for Thanksgiving! Pumpkin, of course. Keep it simple. I'd like to tell you that I'm using a real, pumpkin-patch grown pumpkin. But I'm not. The thought of scraping out the inside of a can was so much more appealing than the thought of scraping out the inside of a pumpkin. I'd also like to tell you that I'm making my own crust. Again, I'm not. I mean, I'm a pie first-timer. Let's not get carried away! I'd also like to tell you that I'm making my own whipped cream. And I might. I did buy cream. And a can of Ready-Whip.

I'm also trying new things in the studio. It started with pictures. It was a veritable doily-fest in my little shop! So I'm working on that. Also being worked on in the studio is a fun little idea I got while cleaning out my sewing basket. Which is funny because it's a rather large basket, and I don't really sew....


It seems I collect vintage buttons. I wasn't really aware of this, but, when presented with all of these buttons, it became quite clear that I do. Now, not being a sewer, I really don't have much use for all of these buttons. So...


I got out some supplies, and my trusty awesome epoxy, and got to work. I rather like the results. A bit quirky, kinda fun, and most definitely granny chic. They'll popping up in the shop over the next week or so.

Try something new today. You might like the results!
xo

2 comments:

~ s ~ said...

adore how you have displayed them :) they are so sweet....xo

Heather said...

Thank you so much! xo right back at you!