16 August, 2012

She's So High

I have a terrible fear of heights.
Terrible.
In San Francisco, buckling knees and a white-knuckled death grip on the railing had me backtracking my way off the Golden Gate Bridge at as accelerated a snail's pace as my terrified body could move. My family still hasn't forgiven me. And we were only three steps into our journey across (read: still on solid ground).
A trip to Paris had me admiring the iron framework of the Eiffel Tower from the safety of the ground, while the rest of the world climbed up (in the ricketiest elevator ever) to enjoy the magnificent views from above.
My stomach drops at the mere mention of Chicago's Skydeck.
And, now I'm pretty sure I'll be having nightmares about this:


The pool at the Holiday Inn Shanghai is not only 24 stories above ground,
hanging off the side of the building balcony-style,
but it has a GLASS BOTTOM!!!
It must be like being suspended in free-fall, in water, high above busy city streets.
Craziness.
Think I'll keep sticking to a more traditional style swim.
At ground level.
xo

2 comments:

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Nooooo! That looks super scary! I'm not that scared of heights, but some things really freak me out. Especially see-through floors, especially on bridges.

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Whoa...that's so cool! I'm on the pro-heights side, and a lap swimmer. This would really take the boring out of it!