09 May, 2011

April In Paris...Sorta

Last week, Philadelphia phestooned herself in a phabulous show of phrippery, transforming herself, just for a day, into Phrance. Specifically, Paris, Phrance.

In the month leading up to this phancy dress day, many of the events going on throughout the city had a decidedly French leaning. PIFA pulled out all the stops, from an 81 foot Eiffel Tower to performers, of the street and stage varieties, dispersed city-wide.


But the Big Show, The Event Not To Be Missed, was the day long street fair that closed out the festival. There were jugglers and mimes, flower carts and a farm market. Food tents offering up frog legs and foie gras; crepes and gelato. There was music. There were trapeze artists, and a Ferris wheel. There was even a mini Jardin du Luxembourg, right there in the middle of Broad Street! So, you ask yourself, how do you top that, and bring this phine event to a proper close?
Why, with acrobats, of course! High flying, instrument playing French men (and women), dangling from a chandelier, lit and dangling high above the crowd.

Bravo, Philadelphia. Bravo.
Wishing you a week full of the delightfully unexpected.
xo

{Dear Readers, lest you think I've gone completely off my rocker, replacing my "f"s with "ph"s, rest assured that it's simply a Philly thing, and I shall return to my regularly scheduled spelling tomorrow.}

9 comments:

the real mia said...

Oh this looks like so much fun. It's like how I imagine the World's Fair must've looked.

Anonymous said...

oh, wow! This looks like so much fun! What a phabulous was to spend the weekend ;)

Brittany H. said...

Oh man, I think I would be shutting the place down every night. Looks like a load of fun.

Kiss
You Are My Favorite

Odessa said...

oh wow, those dangling acrobats look so cool!

Rachel M said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Gosh the fair looks amazing, I love acrobats!

Erin Lian said...

Oh my goodness I wish I could have seen that looks like the best festival ever!!
<3

Rosa Marrero said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bodokitty/3458312652/

Anonymous said...

That's incredible! How fun does Paris, Philly sound??

Abby said...

that sounds amazing! I wish I could have been there for that!!