27 April, 2011

Try (Just A Little Bit Harder)

If at first you don't succeed, stomp your feet, curse, and throw things. Then tell the offending project that you hate it, and never want to see its face again, before storming off in a huff. Return just long enough to remove (almost) all traces of the evil doer from your workspace, growling and grumbling the whole time.



After a day or so, the stomping has receded, and the growling and grumblings have been replaced by mutterings and pouts. Around the fourth or fifth day, you realize that the little project isn't nearly so offending, and even has a redeeming quality or two. By the sixth day, high hopes have been restored, and you try, try again.

Wishing you successful attempts, Dear Readers.
xo

9 comments:

red.neck chic said...

HA! I SO know how that goes...
make a fresh pot of coffee and stare the project down... that's what I usually do!

;-D robelyn

Unknown said...

ah yes, I can relate! I like your method - to blame the project. I tend to wallow in sorrow & blame myself for lack of talent. Next time I feel this way I will tell the project what is up!

Unknown said...

What are you making? Yes, coffee ALWAYS helps!

Sara Szatmary said...

I know exactly how you feel! Congrats on getting up when you fall down-- that's often the hardest part.

Unknown said...

Totally know what you mean. :)

Odessa said...

i know what you mean. though i wish i even have time to think about starting a project. its just been a crazy month.

misslikey said...

haha totally familiar. especially when I am sewing. but it's also therapeutic cause it's learning you patience

travelkate said...

Haha I can so relate to this! This has stopped me from a DIY project or two, the frustration can sometimes be too great!

Holly said...

In my mind, creative endeavors are akin to my idea of what it's like to be in labor (I say this from a position of complete naivete as I've never delivered a child, but still): A lot of painful pushing followed by the birth of something beautiful.

P.S. Love the vintage napkins/hankies in the first pic!