31 July, 2013

It's All In The Details

 
When it comes to clothing, I am an absolute sucker for a quirky detail.
I swoon over a perfectly off set pocket or pleat.
Gasp at the hem stitched in a color that doesn't belong...but really, couldn't be more perfect.
And if something has a clever tag? Particularly one with a scrap of ribbon or a tiny charmed doo-dad hanging from the end?
No question, that particular garment will be finding a new home in my closet.
So you can imagine the breathless squeal I emitted when I happened upon these beautiful Isabel Marnat pieces with dreamy landscapes printed by French artist Emilie Faif.

 
 

And though these gorgeous scenes are concealed inside the garments, you can place a sure bet that, were I to see them hanging on a shop rack, and had the deep pockets it would take to make them mine, I would most certainly do so.
And I would feel especially lovely every time I wore them,
despite the fact that no one would see the details that make the pieces so special.

{all images via Emilie Faif}
Like my own private art collection.
xo

1 comment:

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

HI! Visiting from the Homespunsociety Blog thread. I love the name of your blog and the clothes you featured are gorgeous and so different! Following you via GFC!