05 July, 2012

Ice Ice Baby


It is hot here.
So very, very hot.
In an endless quest to find delicious and refreshing ways to stay cool,
last week I found myself sprawled across a fan-blown chair, trolling around Pinterest,
looking to find just that sort of relief
(the delicious and refreshing sort).
I came across this recipe for Meyer lemon sorbet, and decided to give it a whirl with the non-Meyer lemons sitting in a bowl on the kitchen counter.
And while staring, transfixed by the four simple ingredients spinning around and around inside the ice cream maker, I got the idea to add in a fifth:
vodka.
Brilliant.
Cool.
Delicious.
Refreshing.
How about you? What are your secrets for beating the heat when the mercury goes up to Oh My God degrees?
It's blistering out there, folks. Stay cool.
xo


No comments: